We will be introducing you to the speakers and attendees of the Food Allergy Bloggers Conference by sharing their responses to a few questions. We have asked them to choose to answer 3-5 of these questions:
1. Who do you look forward to seeing/meeting most at FABC and why?
2. Which of your blog posts are you most proud of and why?
3. Which panel topic do you look forward to hearing most and why? 4. What is the best thing about food allergies? 5. What motivated you to start blogging about food allergies?
6. What is the best thing about the online food allergy community?
7. What other blogger would you most like to meet and why? 8. What other blogger has inspired you?
9. What is one of your favorite posts written by another blogger and why? 10. If you didn’t have or deal with food allergies, what would be your 3 favorite foods to eat/try?
I am Claudine Phillips and am a Registered Dietitian/Exercise Physiologist and creator of www.glutenfreegreenbean.com. I look forward to meeting you all in the next few days.
4. What is the best thing about food allergies?
Living with food allergies can create a problem, but I find the challenge exciting. It is an opportunity to exercise my creativity and practice “kitchen chemistry”. Finding substitutions for eggs and dairy has been interesting to say the least. I find that cooking allergy free can be alot of fun!
5. What motivated you about blogging about food allergies?
My daughter was diagnosed with a severe peanut allergy when she was 4 then celiac disease at age of 7. As we have adjusted her diet (and our kitchen), I found others wanted to know what we were doing. So, my daughter and I naturally started a blog to discuss products, recipes, and how we travel gluten and peanut (and now dairy) free.
10. If you didn’t have or deal with food allergies, what would be your 3 favorite foods to eat/try?
I actually enjoy eating allergy free. There are no foods I miss to the point of missing them. There is a time or two that I will smell something and it brings wonderful memories with it, but I am trying to re-create that trigger with the new foods we eat. I make killer cinnamon rolls and fry up eggplant like nobody’s business! All gluten, peanut, and dairy free!