1. Who do you look forward to seeing/meeting most at FABC and why?
2. Which of your blog posts are you most proud of and why?
3. Which panel topic do you look forward to hearing most and why?
4. What is the best thing about food allergies?
5. What motivated you to start blogging about food allergies?
6. What is the best thing about the online food allergy community?
7. What other blogger would you most like to meet and why?
8. What other blogger has inspired you?
9. What is one of your favorite posts written by another blogger and why?
10. If you didn’t have or deal with food allergies, what would be your 3 favorite foods to eat/try?”
My name is Selena Bluntzer and my blog is Amazing & Atopic.
What motivated you to start blogging about food allergies?
Does this story sound familiar? My daughter was diagnosed with food allergies, asthma and eczema, so I started blogging about it. 🙂 I felt like I wasn’t given enough information from our various physicians and wanted to share the things I learned, as I went along, so that other would not feel that way. I learned a new word, “atopic”, which covered a range of interrelated conditions, such as food allergies, asthma, eczema, allergic rhinitis, etc., and decided to name my blog “Amazing & Atopic”, because I felt my little girl was so amazing to me and was constantly surprising me, yet she also had these new issues to manage and explore.
Which of your blog posts are you most proud of and why?
I think I would choose “Taking the Fear Out of Epinephrine“, because it represented a turning point in my journey, where I was no longer afraid of epinephrine and I wanted to shout from the rooftops that nobody else should fear this life-saving medication. It’s one of the most important messages we can get across – don’t hesitate – don’t wait until it’s too late!
Which panel topic do you look forward to hearing most and why?
Well, I want to catch as many as I can, but I am very interested in hearing about upcoming treatments, of course, as those will have the most impact on our children’s lives, in the future. I also want to learn more about being an effective advocate, as that is a prime goal in this whole process!